Learn a new skill
Always wanted to bash up on your photography skills, but haven't had the time or money to do so? Well, here is your chance! For the month of April, Nikon is offering free photography classes online.
The company has made its entire online photography curriculum free until the end of April. Each class is taught by a professional photographer and gives lessons to help you get better at taking photos. Some of the courses cover products that are Nikon-specific, but many of them teach you the basics of photography. The courses range from how to photograph your children or pets to the basics of making video.
There are 10 free online classes available. If you want to sign up to the classes, all you have to do is click here. You will need to sign up to Nikon by entering your name and email address, and then you will able to take the classes for free for the whole month.
We're going to be professionals for our next holiday!
Since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic, there has been a massive shift in how people are approaching spreading good information on getting and keeping fit while at home. Here are a few fit gurus you should be following.
1. Joe Wicks, aka 'The Body Coach', who recently started a daily 30-minute PE lessons for kids, parents and adults alike at 9am weekdays - you can follow along by visiting his YouTube Channel
2. Davina McCall is also offering 30 days of free High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), cardio and boxing classes online (usually costing £9.99 a month) Follow along at her website.
3. Jeff Cavaliere from ATHLEAN-X is one of the most popular YouTube fitness instructors. He outlines at home exercises that will not only help your posture, but will get you pumped. Follow along here.
Take Care of your Mental Health
One of the most important things to remember during times of crisis and isolation is to keep your mental health in check. Getting into a good routine involving exercise, meditation and relaxation are all good methods of keeping your mental health strong. Here are some other resources to check out.
1. Calm (smartphone app) is now offering exercises, sleep stories and music to help you relax.
2. Headspace has also launched free meditation, sleep and movement exercises online or via its smartphone app.
Learn to Cook or Meal Prep
Has there been a better time to learn to cook?
Why not take the opportunity while you're at home to learn a few new dishes.
1. Instructables is a great please to start.
2. Gordon Ramsey also has great tips and tricks on his YouTube channel.
3. Wagamama is uploading free virtual cooking lessons called Wok From Home YouTube, Instagram and Facebook
4. Jamie Oliver has started his keep cooking an carry on series inspiring people to cook with what is available in the shops and it includes great tips and tricks.