1) It has been agreed to increase the full member entrance fee to €5,000 for the 2018 season. The committee is considering the merits of introducing a joining fee for new five day members and this decision will be made later in the summer
2) The recent message to members from Lady Captain Aoife and Captain Tim indicated that a GUI / ILGU Liaison Sub-Committee had been established to examine golfing matters that went beyond the remit and scope of the ILGU and GUI Committees in the interests of the smoothest possible running of golf in the Club. The Sub-Committee was asked by the Management Committee to examine and bring forward proposals, in the first instance, on (a) the playing of students with family members in mixed competitions and (b) the management of timesheets, particularly on competition days. The Sub-Committee has reported back on both and their recommendations have been approved by the Management Committee. They are as follows:
- Following advice regarding safeguarding children, students would be permitted to play in two of the mixed foursomes competition in 2017; The Maxwell Walters & the Mixed & Married
- Students playing in the mixed must have prior approval from the GUI or ILGU committees and must have handicaps of 19.4 or below for boys and 35.0 and below for girls
- Students must play with an full member who is also a family member
- There will be separate lines allocated for students at the start of the competition
- A token prize will be awarded
- Reviewed annually.
- Extend Sunday competition by 30 minutes at the start and end of competition where daylight hours allow.
- Add additional lines to the Saturday competition where practical.
- Add an additional competition for ILGU Members to play the Sunday Competition on a Saturday. This to run, in addition, to the alternative Tuesday ILGU competition.
- To the greatest extent possible, complimentary golf vouchers should not be issued for Saturdays, but discretion to rest with the General Manager, having regard to the situation from week to week.
- When light restrictions come into play at the beginning and end of season, for the Sunday competition only, move quickly from the 12 hole competition to a 9 hole competition to allow both the front and back 9’s to be used.
- The Secretary/Manager continue to monitor the timesheets, particularly the Saturday/Sunday competitions, and adjust accordingly for team practices, matches, club mixed events and light restrictions to avoid issues in the future.
It was also agreed by the MC that that the ILGU/GUI Liaison Sub-Committee would remain in place as a Standing Committee to which relevant matters relating to its mandate could be referred from time to time as they arose.
3) Mobile phones must be kept on silent in the bar & restaurant and phone conversations are not permitted in these areas.